Skip to main content

Hello 2023: God is Faithful.


First, let me start by saying Happy New Year!!!!!! I pray this year is a blessed year for you and your family. I pray for God to show up in your life to remind you that He is always near to His own. I know I had to continue to remind myself of that truth in 2022 and for the rest of my life, it will be engraved on my heart. I'm so thankful that no matter what happens in this life when we place our faith and trust in God He is able to sustain us through the most difficult times in life.

I don't know about you but 2022 was a difficult season for me. And I say season because I knew that a lot that took place would cause a shift in my norm that would only be for a season, at least I hoped. But I wasn't prepared for all of the coping and suppressing my own feelings it would take to get through it. I was in survival mode all of 2022, kind of similar to how I felt when the pandemic first happened in 2020. I just did what I could to survive and make it to the next day. By the Grace of God alone, I survived.

So many things happened in 2022, and with its challenges though, came the biggest blessings in my life. Turning 30 was one of them. All of my 20s I wasn't looking forward to turning 30 but now that it is here, I'm so excited to see all that God does. He's already been doing some amazing things (: prayerfully soon I will share more on how God strategically places the right people in your life at the right time. It has definitely shown me that God is always near, listening to every prayer, taking note of every cry, and always carrying my burdens with me. 

My faith took a hit in 2022, but I rested in the confidence of knowing that when I can't carry my own cross He has already carried His and that I always have a hope to hold fast to. I never ever have to worry about being alone or left behind, because He is ALWAYS and forever with me, every step of the way even when I grow so weary in trying to do and be all that He is calling me to be. My love for God and trust in Him has grown more in difficult and unexpected seasons than in the constant joyful ones. He is my hiding place when this life beats me down. 

As 2023 has just begun, I want to share what I've learned in 2022. I pray you will be encouraged and inspired to do the work of the Lord and grow to be who God is calling you to be in the good seasons as well as the tough ones. 

What I've learned:

  1. God is always, always, always FAITHFUL.
  2. Seasons always change.
  3. Pray even when it's hard or as simple as "God help me today"
  4. Surround yourself with people who are devoted to Christ, not this world.
  5. Keep Eternity at the forefront, always.
  6. Never give up, God always has a plan.
  7. The bible is a record of God showing up for His own. Read it as much as you can.
  8. The Holy Spirit is there to lead and guide you.
  9. Sanctification is a journey, not a sprint.
  10. You are never ever alone.
Cheers to a new year!! 

Thank you Father, for another year, another day, may we not take for granted the time and seasons you give us.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

<3 Marissa






Popular posts from this blog

Wanted to share this, it helped me a lot.

Losing Friends, Gaining Faith by  JENNIFER JOHNS  on  APRIL 30, 2010 Several weeks ago a friend visited my desk to chat when she noticed a small square paper hanging on my cubicle wall. She asked what it said and leaned in closer to read it. The quote was about staying open to the change God wants to do in our lives. An uncomfortable look formed on her face and she said something about how HR doesn’t allow religion in the workplace. I wasn’t sure if she was kidding or serious, so I asked if it offended her. She said, “Well, it’s definitely weird.” Losing Friends I’ve noticed a difference in some friendships since  dedicating my life fully to God . At times it comes in the form of mocking, especially after sharing a great story that feels highly inspiring, but it also comes in the form of rejection. At first this new dynamic was hard to swallow; it felt like I was being torn between two worlds. It was great getting invites to dinner or drinks with friends, and yet I had

You either follow him or you deny him, there is no middle ground.

We live in a world where the majority of the people reject the God of the Bible, thoroughly reject Biblical Truth, and live their lives without Christ in their hearts. Moreover, they don’t want anything to do with God because they love their sin.  That is why the Bible calls us a "peculiar people," and to most of the world we are extremely peculiar and in many cases hated because of our faith in Christ. They hate us because we make them uncomfortable and remind them of their sin. They don’t want to face, think about or deal with the reality of their lives and life after death. They think that if they ignore it or deny the truth that somehow they can escape it and get by with their sin. Most people in this world have made the conscious choice to live their lives apart from Christ and in rebellion to the Truth of His Word, and those who embrace the Lord and His Truth are seen as the enemy. Those who choose to live in rebellion to God and His Word are always on the offensive
Did you girls know that you can pray for your future mate starting right now? You may be just fifteen and marriage may seem a long way off for you; but you can never be too ready for marriage. It’s a life long commitment. Who you choose to begin the journey till death with is highly important. It can either make or break you. You can spend your life married to the most charming hunk of a man, but if he lacks wisdom, he’ll be the furthest thing away from the key to a happy marriage. This doesn't mean you can’t pick an attractive guy, but your priority should be on his character rather than his demeanor. Start praying today. You might actually have some fun. You can list out the characteristics you would like him to have and present them before God. You can tell God your likes and dislikes. He’ll be enthralled by what you have to say. Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4) It’s never too early to begin praying for "The O