Skip to main content

Hello 2023: God is Faithful.


First, let me start by saying Happy New Year!!!!!! I pray this year is a blessed year for you and your family. I pray for God to show up in your life to remind you that He is always near to His own. I know I had to continue to remind myself of that truth in 2022 and for the rest of my life, it will be engraved on my heart. I'm so thankful that no matter what happens in this life when we place our faith and trust in God He is able to sustain us through the most difficult times in life.

I don't know about you but 2022 was a difficult season for me. And I say season because I knew that a lot that took place would cause a shift in my norm that would only be for a season, at least I hoped. But I wasn't prepared for all of the coping and suppressing my own feelings it would take to get through it. I was in survival mode all of 2022, kind of similar to how I felt when the pandemic first happened in 2020. I just did what I could to survive and make it to the next day. By the Grace of God alone, I survived.

So many things happened in 2022, and with its challenges though, came the biggest blessings in my life. Turning 30 was one of them. All of my 20s I wasn't looking forward to turning 30 but now that it is here, I'm so excited to see all that God does. He's already been doing some amazing things (: prayerfully soon I will share more on how God strategically places the right people in your life at the right time. It has definitely shown me that God is always near, listening to every prayer, taking note of every cry, and always carrying my burdens with me. 

My faith took a hit in 2022, but I rested in the confidence of knowing that when I can't carry my own cross He has already carried His and that I always have a hope to hold fast to. I never ever have to worry about being alone or left behind, because He is ALWAYS and forever with me, every step of the way even when I grow so weary in trying to do and be all that He is calling me to be. My love for God and trust in Him has grown more in difficult and unexpected seasons than in the constant joyful ones. He is my hiding place when this life beats me down. 

As 2023 has just begun, I want to share what I've learned in 2022. I pray you will be encouraged and inspired to do the work of the Lord and grow to be who God is calling you to be in the good seasons as well as the tough ones. 

What I've learned:

  1. God is always, always, always FAITHFUL.
  2. Seasons always change.
  3. Pray even when it's hard or as simple as "God help me today"
  4. Surround yourself with people who are devoted to Christ, not this world.
  5. Keep Eternity at the forefront, always.
  6. Never give up, God always has a plan.
  7. The bible is a record of God showing up for His own. Read it as much as you can.
  8. The Holy Spirit is there to lead and guide you.
  9. Sanctification is a journey, not a sprint.
  10. You are never ever alone.
Cheers to a new year!! 

Thank you Father, for another year, another day, may we not take for granted the time and seasons you give us.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

<3 Marissa






Popular posts from this blog

Hey(: Just a quick blog.

Hey guys and gals (: I've been so busy lately, haven't had the time to blog. I have been spending tons of time with God lately through fasting, reading my bible, praying, witnessing to others. It's been an amazing yet hard season for me but I've been introduced to wonderful Christians, found a church home, grew stronger, wiser, and my faith in God's will for me has increased dramatically! I have encountered some of the most difficult times of my life recently, but by the grace of God I have grown to be a stronger woman because of it! I am happy to say that I finally found a place of happiness, peace, and joy thanks to my God. Life is better, my attitude is better, I'm loving harder, trusting more. It's amazing! I've never prayed so much in my entire life as I have these last couple of months, and God has really shown me a new way of thinking. I asked him to renew my mind,and he did just that. I see clearer, I've learned to love those who treat ...

Daily Devotion: His sovereignty.

God uses tough situations in our lives to reveal His sovereignty and extend His grace to us. Often times it is the storms and valleys in our lives that forces us to fall on our knees and surrender to Him and His will. Even though hard times are very difficult, they reveal that God is still good and that he doesn't want any of us to perish. The testing of your faith produces patience and perseverance. He is using your trial to draw you closer to Him. He wants you. All of you. Even the broken pieces of your life. He is able to handle it. He wants your attention and will stop at nothing to get it. He is pursuing you in your trials, will you let Him in? Praying with you. ❤

Keep Jesus at the center!

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/song-tracks/36556/Jesus-At-The-Center A lmost a year ago, I went to church with a former friend and one of the ministers called me up and started to pray for me and prophesy over my life, one of the things that he told me is that I was being distracted. Immediately I was thinking to myself like this man doesn't even know me... At the time, I just started school, and could not understand what I was being distracted by. Well now over a year later I see it, I ended up in a situation that overtime (months) had become something that started to affect me spiritually, mentally and emotionally. And I started to worry about this, that and the other, this situation started to become the center of my focus, no longer was Christ the center he was alongside it. That wasn't my intention but even when we may have the best intentions at heart, and want the best for our situations, we can STILL be distracted by things. I got distracted, and didn't mean t...