Skip to main content

When spiritual apathy is hard to overcome.

Apathy is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation, or passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest in or concern about emotional, social, spiritual, philosophical, or physical life and the world.



Ever felt out of touch with reality? Ever felt like you were just going through the motions of life? There's a possibility that you could be dealing with some level of apathy. Which is normal, we all deal with this from time to time. 

But how about when you feel apathetic towards the things of God like church, serving, reading your bible or praying. I can deal with feeling apathetic towards worldly things, like going to work, or cooking and cleaning but when it comes to God and what He requires of me as a Christian, I wrestle with apathy more.

I can tell when apathy is starting to overcome me because my attitude gets bad and I become overly emotional and distant. I've realized though, that the only solution to this problem is to spend time with God consistently. Apathy makes it incredibly hard for me to get motivated to pray or read my bible. This is where the enemy wants us because we are more vulnerable to attack and deception more when we aren't clinging to the cross. However, we must seek the Lord even when it's hard and even more when we don't feel like it. 

Thankfully the grace of God is available to us when we aren't as interested in Godly things as we might of once been or should be. God's grace is available to us but we also must repent of the underlying sin that we are dealing with that is causing us to be spiritually apathetic. Like David we have to go to God to get back on track. 

 Psalm 51:10-12

“Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me
.”


My prayer:

Dear Lord, 

I've grown apathetic towards your word and being your disciple. I've grown weary in well doing and my journey to being more like You. Lord I ask that you forgive me for my lack of trust through these difficult seasons. I bring before you every fear, worry and doubt that has crippled my faith and walk. I ask Lord that you give me the peace that surpasses all understanding and restore back to me the joy of your salvation. You promised that tough times will not last always. Help me to abide in you and your word in every season. Keep my feet from falling and lead me in the path of righteousness. Restore the joy of fellowship that I once had with you. Your word says you will keep those in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you. Help me to keep my mind stayed on you Father.

In Jesus name,
AMEN ♡








Popular posts from this blog

Hey(: Just a quick blog.

Hey guys and gals (: I've been so busy lately, haven't had the time to blog. I have been spending tons of time with God lately through fasting, reading my bible, praying, witnessing to others. It's been an amazing yet hard season for me but I've been introduced to wonderful Christians, found a church home, grew stronger, wiser, and my faith in God's will for me has increased dramatically! I have encountered some of the most difficult times of my life recently, but by the grace of God I have grown to be a stronger woman because of it! I am happy to say that I finally found a place of happiness, peace, and joy thanks to my God. Life is better, my attitude is better, I'm loving harder, trusting more. It's amazing! I've never prayed so much in my entire life as I have these last couple of months, and God has really shown me a new way of thinking. I asked him to renew my mind,and he did just that. I see clearer, I've learned to love those who treat ...

Daily Devotion: His sovereignty.

God uses tough situations in our lives to reveal His sovereignty and extend His grace to us. Often times it is the storms and valleys in our lives that forces us to fall on our knees and surrender to Him and His will. Even though hard times are very difficult, they reveal that God is still good and that he doesn't want any of us to perish. The testing of your faith produces patience and perseverance. He is using your trial to draw you closer to Him. He wants you. All of you. Even the broken pieces of your life. He is able to handle it. He wants your attention and will stop at nothing to get it. He is pursuing you in your trials, will you let Him in? Praying with you. ❤

Keep Jesus at the center!

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/song-tracks/36556/Jesus-At-The-Center A lmost a year ago, I went to church with a former friend and one of the ministers called me up and started to pray for me and prophesy over my life, one of the things that he told me is that I was being distracted. Immediately I was thinking to myself like this man doesn't even know me... At the time, I just started school, and could not understand what I was being distracted by. Well now over a year later I see it, I ended up in a situation that overtime (months) had become something that started to affect me spiritually, mentally and emotionally. And I started to worry about this, that and the other, this situation started to become the center of my focus, no longer was Christ the center he was alongside it. That wasn't my intention but even when we may have the best intentions at heart, and want the best for our situations, we can STILL be distracted by things. I got distracted, and didn't mean t...