Skip to main content

We're serving the wrong Trinity.


Jonathan Evans said one time at a event I attended at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship that we are serving the wrong trinity. Emphasizing that we are serving "Me, myself and I". Right there conviction hit me hard. What a timely message wrapped up in just a few words. As hard as it was to hear I was so thankful he said it.

It's so easy to be wrapped up in our own lives and gradually grow selfish but God is calling us to be selfless. To be selfless with our time, resources and our lives. He's calling us to examine our motives and our heart. He's calling us to be like Jesus and lay down our lives for others. This isn't always easy. In fact it is harder in difficult moments when life is difficult and our own challenges consume us. During these times especially is when we should refocus our attention on serving others and our relationship with God.

Joy comes when we help others. Joy comes when we realize that we aren't alone in this world fighting through difficult times. Peace comes when we realize that God works all things together for our good when we are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). We find peace when we understand that Jesus is with us in the fire. We find peace when we realize the Holy Spirit is there to encourage us and stir our affections for the things of God. Peace and joy can be found in the most difficult of times and both are extremely contagious. 

We all go through hardship that's for sure so there is always a opportunity to serve someone who's in a difficult season.

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4

Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15

My prayer:

Lord, thank you that you are in control and for allowing us to have access to your peace and joy in every season. Right now so many of your people are in a wilderness season that seems like its never going to end. They've grown weary, discouraged and hopeless. But Lord we know that everything can be used to glorify you even in hard times. Please help us to be sensitive to the needs of those around us who are also going through difficult times right now. Help us to be your hands and feet on this Earth. Give us discernment to see the broken and go after them. 

In Jesus Name, 
AMEN.

♡




Popular posts from this blog

Hey(: Just a quick blog.

Hey guys and gals (: I've been so busy lately, haven't had the time to blog. I have been spending tons of time with God lately through fasting, reading my bible, praying, witnessing to others. It's been an amazing yet hard season for me but I've been introduced to wonderful Christians, found a church home, grew stronger, wiser, and my faith in God's will for me has increased dramatically! I have encountered some of the most difficult times of my life recently, but by the grace of God I have grown to be a stronger woman because of it! I am happy to say that I finally found a place of happiness, peace, and joy thanks to my God. Life is better, my attitude is better, I'm loving harder, trusting more. It's amazing! I've never prayed so much in my entire life as I have these last couple of months, and God has really shown me a new way of thinking. I asked him to renew my mind,and he did just that. I see clearer, I've learned to love those who treat ...

Be still and Rest in the Lord!

Honestly, 2014 was a rough year for me. I was so sad, overwhelmed and lonely most of the time, and felt like God was ignoring me and wasn’t hearing my prayers. It was a very frustrating and uncomfortable season. I was stretched, overwhelmed, physically and mentally exhausted. I was desperate for change, and desperate for God to do as I asked of Him then and there. I grew frustrated with waiting, I grew frustrated at my lack of patience, and distrust in God. I GREW FRUSTRATED with LIFE!  Yes the struggle was VERY real for me in 2014. I was very impatient with people, I lost hope in humanity, and I wanted to give up on everybody. I was so tired of trying to be this and that that it became physically draining. I was so tired of being there for everybody. I would say yes to everybody, which left me drained. I wanted to run away from everything. I lost all the desire to attend school, to attend church, and ESPECIALLY work! Every area of my life was being tested. I couldn't find c...