Skip to main content

"He withdrew to lonely places and prayed"

Luke 5:16 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.


Jesus set the example for how we as believers should live our lives. He set the example of how we should care for others and make time to pray. The world is going crazy right now and everything feels so uneasy and heavy. Especially today with everything that happened at the White House. Lawlessness and chaos is becoming so normal and its heartbreaking to see the state of the world. As believers it is our duty to pray, especially in times like these. 

Growing up my grandma would always tell me to go in my closet and pray. Pray about everything because God hears me. Then I didn't have the relationship that I have with God now but I would pray. I look back now and can see how those sweet moments have helped shape my faith and relationship with God today. So thankful for my grandma teaching me early on how important prayer is.

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.” (Matthew 6:5-6)

I think its important for not only our mental health but our spiritual walk to spend intentional time in prayer and fasting. It has personally been beneficial for me to fast from media, social media and just being wise with my time online. Every year I usually take a long social media break to refocus my attention and to regain perspective.


In a culture that is overly consumed with almost everything but God it can be hard to break away from the distractions of the world. I want to encourage you and if you feel led, to break away for a period of time and refocus your attention on God. That may look different for you but for me that looks like studying my Bible more, reading and praying more intentionally. Its a sweet time whenever I'm in the presence of the Lord completely devoted to my time with Him. I never regret breaking away and spending this time with Him. 

One of my favorite favorite verses is 

Matthew 11:28-30

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

.. whenever I'm feeling restless and very anxious to my Father's arms is where I run. It is a guarantee that He is always ready and willing to settle my anxiousness and worry. I find comfort and peace in His presence and my situation can literally be the exact same afterwards.

The world is going to continue to get crazier and crazier as it grows further and further away from God and His principles. Please know that even in the crazy God is still sovereign and present. He isn't asleep nor has He taken His hands off His people. He's still with us and promises to always be. You have access to Him and to His peace. 

I pray this year we all take time to be more intentional in praying and fasting and seek after the peace that He's able to give us even in the craziest of moments ♡

Popular posts from this blog

Hey(: Just a quick blog.

Hey guys and gals (: I've been so busy lately, haven't had the time to blog. I have been spending tons of time with God lately through fasting, reading my bible, praying, witnessing to others. It's been an amazing yet hard season for me but I've been introduced to wonderful Christians, found a church home, grew stronger, wiser, and my faith in God's will for me has increased dramatically! I have encountered some of the most difficult times of my life recently, but by the grace of God I have grown to be a stronger woman because of it! I am happy to say that I finally found a place of happiness, peace, and joy thanks to my God. Life is better, my attitude is better, I'm loving harder, trusting more. It's amazing! I've never prayed so much in my entire life as I have these last couple of months, and God has really shown me a new way of thinking. I asked him to renew my mind,and he did just that. I see clearer, I've learned to love those who treat ...

Vulnerability is Strength ♡

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on m e. That is one of my favorite verses! Gods Grace is sufficient enough to carry us through whatever life throws at us. It is difficult to be vulnerable sometimes and express that we are struggling. Its easier to boast about our strengths rather than our weaknesses. It can be uncomfortable and maybe a little scary to admit that things aren't going well and reach out and ask for help. --- One thing that Im continously learning is that my dependence has to be in Christ. Everything in this world is fleeting, vain and unreliable. Paul knew what hardship looked like, I read about him and wonder how he was able to write letters and encourage others when he was suffering tremendously himself. But God. -- SUFFICIENT = ENOUGH, CONSTANTLY AVAILABLE....

Let yourself be loved ♡

"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us."  1 John 4:16 Love. We all crave it, we all desire it. We seek after it sometimes in all the wrong places. Yet, it's right in front of us, pursuing us constantly with no hesitations.  When I think about how I've sought after love in the wrong men. How I've sought after love in the wrong spaces and even how I manage to push people that I know love me away out of fear. To know that a perfect being loves me so purely and so much that He chose to die on the cross for me lights a fire in me that I have never felt. To know that He chooses to love me through my fears is everything to me. The last blog I wrote about love and I normally don't talk about this subject publicly that much but for whatever reason this season is making me press into it. To hear about love, want it and seek after it is one thing but to realize that it's already present and active in my life hits differently....