Skip to main content

Vulnerability is Strength ♡

2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

That is one of my favorite verses!


Gods Grace is sufficient enough to carry us through whatever life throws at us.

It is difficult to be vulnerable sometimes and express that we are struggling.

Its easier to boast about our strengths rather than our weaknesses.

It can be uncomfortable and maybe a little scary to admit that things aren't going well and reach out and ask for help.

---

One thing that Im continously learning is that my dependence has to be in Christ. Everything in this world is fleeting, vain and unreliable.

Paul knew what hardship looked like, I read about him and wonder how he was able to write letters and encourage others when he was suffering tremendously himself. But God.

--
SUFFICIENT = ENOUGH, CONSTANTLY AVAILABLE.

His grace is sufficient. God was aware of Paul's circumstance and in His sovereignty allowed every thing that happened to Paul to bring about His purposes.

God didn't remove Paul's thorn but instead decided to use it to remind Paul that his dependency and trust was to be in HIM ALONE.

Paul trusted God's plan, which is why he was able to boast in his weakness. He knew His creator had a plan that was far bigger than him and he humbled himself to it. He focused on the bigger picture, the eternal reward, the promise!

God's grace is sufficient enough to carry us through whatever life throws at us. He may not always remove the thorn but when we place our faith and trust in Him we can know for sure that HIS GRACE will help us endure it!

Boast in your weaknesses, so that God's strength and glory be revealed.
--

♡

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Devotion: His sovereignty.

God uses tough situations in our lives to reveal His sovereignty and extend His grace to us. Often times it is the storms and valleys in our lives that forces us to fall on our knees and surrender to Him and His will. Even though hard times are very difficult, they reveal that God is still good and that he doesn't want any of us to perish. The testing of your faith produces patience and perseverance. He is using your trial to draw you closer to Him. He wants you. All of you. Even the broken pieces of your life. He is able to handle it. He wants your attention and will stop at nothing to get it. He is pursuing you in your trials, will you let Him in? Praying with you. ❤

Keep Jesus at the center!

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/song-tracks/36556/Jesus-At-The-Center A lmost a year ago, I went to church with a former friend and one of the ministers called me up and started to pray for me and prophesy over my life, one of the things that he told me is that I was being distracted. Immediately I was thinking to myself like this man doesn't even know me... At the time, I just started school, and could not understand what I was being distracted by. Well now over a year later I see it, I ended up in a situation that overtime (months) had become something that started to affect me spiritually, mentally and emotionally. And I started to worry about this, that and the other, this situation started to become the center of my focus, no longer was Christ the center he was alongside it. That wasn't my intention but even when we may have the best intentions at heart, and want the best for our situations, we can STILL be distracted by things. I got distracted, and didn't mean t...
*Gods love letter to his children...... Will you Be his Child???? My Child: You may not know me, but I know everything about you. I know when you sit down, and, when you rise up. I am totally familiar with all your ways. Even the very hairs on your head, have I numbered, for you were made in my image, and, in me you live, and move, and have your being, for you are my offspring.I knew you even bef ore you were conceived. I chose you when I planned creation. You were not a mistake, for all your days, are written in my book. I determined the exact time of your birth, and where and how you would live out your life. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. I knit you in your mother's womb, and brought you forth on the day you were born. I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me, for I am neither distant nor angry, but the complete expression of Love, and it is my desire to lavish my love on you, simply because you are my child, and, I am your Father. I offer you more than...