Skip to main content

The Lord directs the steps of the Godly ♡

The Lord directs the steps of the Godly. He delights in every detail of their life.
Psalms 37:23


Are you at a crossroads with trying to make a really tough decision? Have you continously sought the Lord about something to no prevail? Are you fed up with waiting to hear from God on what you should do next?

A few months back I was in South Carolina visiting a friend and her family. I spoke with her brother and sister in law about how I just felt like God wasn't hearing my prayers. I expressed how I was growing weary and needing to make a decision soon on rather to return home or give Texas another year. I also shared with them that I desired belonging, something that I had effortlessly back home.

(This year taught me vulnerability I must admit because I went from being very closed off about my weaknesses to sharing them unashamedly. I guess I just came to a place of surrender, seeking answers and direction from whomever could provide them. Crossroads do that.)

Her siblings encouraged me alot that weekend I was there. Challenged me to trust God and wait for Him but one thing that stood out the most was when her brother said the Lord directs the steps of the Godly. I've heard that verse so many times. Have written it down and memorized it but when I say I instantly felt relief the moment he said it, I did. (It's funny how the word of God hits different in different seasons.)

I struggle with trying to do everything on my own and I often take on other peoples issues and before I know it I'm carrying a burden to heavy for me to carry and more importantly one that wasn't meant for me to carry in the first place. 

The Lord directs the steps of the Godly. That means when we place our faith and trust in God, we are under His complete guidance and control. That means we don't always have to know whats next or fret over what to do next. That means we dont have to carry heavy burdens that weren't meant for us to carry. 

Jesus carries our burdens and is fully capable of doing so. Step by step He is there directing us when we release control and surrender our will for His. There is no need to worry because our lives are in His hands. We don't have to be anxious about anything because He's always with us. He delights in every detail of our lives.

In the beginning we can see how detailed God was when creating Earth. The way He aligned the stars in the sky, the planets and the sun. Our God is a detailed God. He knows every hair on our head and every fiber of our being. This God delights in every detail of our lives. This God loved us so much that He became man to save us from our sin. This God is a God that sits high and looks low. This God knows the beginning to the end. This God is able and capable. 

This God is directing your steps.

The decision you have to make, the prayer that you've prayed continously is not too big or too small for Him. We have a God who is able to orchestrate all things to work together for our good. Take your burdens and lay them at His feet and ask Him to direct your steps. He wants to, He's able to and He's ready to.

Never stop praying.
Never stop going to Him. 


♡





Popular posts from this blog

Keep Jesus at the center!

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/song-tracks/36556/Jesus-At-The-Center A lmost a year ago, I went to church with a former friend and one of the ministers called me up and started to pray for me and prophesy over my life, one of the things that he told me is that I was being distracted. Immediately I was thinking to myself like this man doesn't even know me... At the time, I just started school, and could not understand what I was being distracted by. Well now over a year later I see it, I ended up in a situation that overtime (months) had become something that started to affect me spiritually, mentally and emotionally. And I started to worry about this, that and the other, this situation started to become the center of my focus, no longer was Christ the center he was alongside it. That wasn't my intention but even when we may have the best intentions at heart, and want the best for our situations, we can STILL be distracted by things. I got distracted, and didn't mean t...

Hey(: Just a quick blog.

Hey guys and gals (: I've been so busy lately, haven't had the time to blog. I have been spending tons of time with God lately through fasting, reading my bible, praying, witnessing to others. It's been an amazing yet hard season for me but I've been introduced to wonderful Christians, found a church home, grew stronger, wiser, and my faith in God's will for me has increased dramatically! I have encountered some of the most difficult times of my life recently, but by the grace of God I have grown to be a stronger woman because of it! I am happy to say that I finally found a place of happiness, peace, and joy thanks to my God. Life is better, my attitude is better, I'm loving harder, trusting more. It's amazing! I've never prayed so much in my entire life as I have these last couple of months, and God has really shown me a new way of thinking. I asked him to renew my mind,and he did just that. I see clearer, I've learned to love those who treat ...

Daily Devotion: His sovereignty.

God uses tough situations in our lives to reveal His sovereignty and extend His grace to us. Often times it is the storms and valleys in our lives that forces us to fall on our knees and surrender to Him and His will. Even though hard times are very difficult, they reveal that God is still good and that he doesn't want any of us to perish. The testing of your faith produces patience and perseverance. He is using your trial to draw you closer to Him. He wants you. All of you. Even the broken pieces of your life. He is able to handle it. He wants your attention and will stop at nothing to get it. He is pursuing you in your trials, will you let Him in? Praying with you. ❤