Skip to main content

50 things that 2020 taught me ♡


What a crazy year right? Although challenging it has been a very fruitful year for me. With all of the setbacks I've grown a lot spiritually. With all of the disappointments I've learned to trust and rely on God more. In the loneliest of moments, I found that Jesus is truly the greatest comforter.

Being forced to spend more time alone than normal I've also learned a lot about myself. This was a year of growth and preparation. I strongly believe that God doesn't put us through the fire without a purpose in doing so. So I'm excited to see what 2021 will bring. 

With that being said, I decided to share a few things that I've learned about life and myself this year ♡

1. Fear is a choice. 

2. "Home" is where the heart is.
3. I enjoy peace and tranquility.
4. Too much of anything is not good for me.
5. God is still at work.
6. It's okay to just be.
7. Financial freedom is a priority, not a burden.
8. Friendships evolve/change and that's okay.
9. I will grow through whatever life throws at me.
10. Appreciating time and the little things is vital.
11. Taking some time for myself is not selfish.
12. Setting boundaries is healthy and necessary.
13. Its okay to feel, cry, be happy, and be human.
14. Jesus is the greatest friend, companion and provider.
15. Life is really short, tomorrow isn't promised.
16. Family/friends are very important and worth fighting for.
17. Peace is worth fighting for.
18. Seasons always change.
19. I can adapt to new situations if I'm willing.
20. Prayer is important. Pray always!
21. There is always something to be thankful for.
22. Experiencing and appreciating Gods blessings is not sinful. 
23. Love is a scary thing but worth it.
24. God is in the details and knows all.
25. I don't always have to be strong.
26. I need to let people be there for me.
27. Its okay to not be okay all the time.
28. The greatest gift is salvation.
29. Things can't buy happiness.
30. Memories are more important than things.
31. Forgive even though the apology may never come.
32. Learn to accept grace, love and forgiveness.
33. I am not my past.
34. Trusting God is very hard but necessary.
35. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
36. Loving others even from a distance is okay.
37. Asking for help is okay.
38. Slowing down and just listening is important.
39. Growth is painful but so beautiful.
40. Bad habits can be broken.
41. The mind is powerful but submissive to whatever you feed it.
42. God is undoubtedly good.
43. Living for God is never in vain.
44. It is not my responsibility to change people.
45. Quality is more important than quantity.
46. Sanctification is a journey not a marathon.
47. I can enjoy being single and desire marriage simultaneously.
48. I dont need to live up to people's expectations of me.
49. Every action doesnt require a reaction out of me.
50. Jesus is always the answer.


Popular posts from this blog

Hey(: Just a quick blog.

Hey guys and gals (: I've been so busy lately, haven't had the time to blog. I have been spending tons of time with God lately through fasting, reading my bible, praying, witnessing to others. It's been an amazing yet hard season for me but I've been introduced to wonderful Christians, found a church home, grew stronger, wiser, and my faith in God's will for me has increased dramatically! I have encountered some of the most difficult times of my life recently, but by the grace of God I have grown to be a stronger woman because of it! I am happy to say that I finally found a place of happiness, peace, and joy thanks to my God. Life is better, my attitude is better, I'm loving harder, trusting more. It's amazing! I've never prayed so much in my entire life as I have these last couple of months, and God has really shown me a new way of thinking. I asked him to renew my mind,and he did just that. I see clearer, I've learned to love those who treat ...

Keep Jesus at the center!

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/song-tracks/36556/Jesus-At-The-Center A lmost a year ago, I went to church with a former friend and one of the ministers called me up and started to pray for me and prophesy over my life, one of the things that he told me is that I was being distracted. Immediately I was thinking to myself like this man doesn't even know me... At the time, I just started school, and could not understand what I was being distracted by. Well now over a year later I see it, I ended up in a situation that overtime (months) had become something that started to affect me spiritually, mentally and emotionally. And I started to worry about this, that and the other, this situation started to become the center of my focus, no longer was Christ the center he was alongside it. That wasn't my intention but even when we may have the best intentions at heart, and want the best for our situations, we can STILL be distracted by things. I got distracted, and didn't mean t...

Let yourself be loved ♡

"So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us."  1 John 4:16 Love. We all crave it, we all desire it. We seek after it sometimes in all the wrong places. Yet, it's right in front of us, pursuing us constantly with no hesitations.  When I think about how I've sought after love in the wrong men. How I've sought after love in the wrong spaces and even how I manage to push people that I know love me away out of fear. To know that a perfect being loves me so purely and so much that He chose to die on the cross for me lights a fire in me that I have never felt. To know that He chooses to love me through my fears is everything to me. The last blog I wrote about love and I normally don't talk about this subject publicly that much but for whatever reason this season is making me press into it. To hear about love, want it and seek after it is one thing but to realize that it's already present and active in my life hits differently....